2011-04-23

On friendship


In high school, my mother always used to tell me that if you could count the amount of good friends you had in your life on one hand, then you were doing just fine. I tried to always take this to heart, especially when I was feeling wronged or hurt by people I perceived to be my friends.

Over time I have learned that people are very insincere, especially here on the West Coast where I have chosen to live. I miss the genuineness of the South. I don’t understand people here; I don’t understand people that don’t follow through.

I haven’t spoken to my ‘best friend’ in over two months. I am okay.  I have Anna, Sam, Azadeh and my wonderful Max. So I’m going to keep smiling, keep it moving…because I don’t need you.

Did you count that mami? Four fingers, four friends. 



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario